Friday 23 October 2015

PIDP 3250 Instructional Studies Digital Assignment #1- Case Studies



This was my first attempt at creating an infographic and I did think the process would be somewhat easier that it proved to be!  Navigating a new design tool wasn't so much the issue as Canva was fairly easy to use.  What I found most challenging was deciding what information to include and what should be left out.  My research gave me so much material that I became bogged down by too much information.
Coincidentally, this situation I found myself in is also a main challenge when creating case studies.  To find the right balance of enough information to make the case study real and challenging but not to frustrating the student by overwhelming them with facts and data. Barkley, (2010). p 274.  I am definitely going to use this format again, as it's a creative and concise approach to sharing information. 

Barkley, Elizabeth F. Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty. San     Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2010. Print.




No comments:

Post a Comment